Shutterfly Card

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Friday, October 31, 2008

My Chains Are Gone

Every time I listen to Chris Tomlin's song "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)" I feel renewed in my faith. No matter what I am going through or how difficult situations may be, this song reminds me that Jesus paid the ransom for my sins and I am free. What does that mean exactly? It means that God's own son Jesus Christ died a terrible and brutal death to set me free from my sin. I don't have to continue on in my sinful nature because Jesus died for me to be set free from it. I just need to be reminded every once in a while that I do not have to continue to live in the shackles and that I am capable of stepping away from my sin. Jesus died for me to have this freedom from sin.

This time here on earth is a vapor. You can choose to get caught up in the awful things in this life, but in a blink of an eye it will all be gone and the time spent will have been wasted OR for God's glory. You choose.

No comments: