Shutterfly Card

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving and Giving Thanks

I know it has been a while since I have written. I will be honest with you and say that I have been in a spiritual slump over the past week or so. Well, I have met with my best friend tonight and she has helped me put things into perspective through our wonderful conversations over dinner. It wasn't anything in particular that was said or shared, it was just being with someone who is willing to dig their heels in with you. Thank you dear friend!

So, I just reread my book for our Proverbs study and feel pretty inadequate right now. The feeling of inadequacy made my thoughts turn ugly against myself. I started to realize that my self-loathing was not what was needed or what the Lord wants for me. I decided that I will be dead to that way of thinking and think of good and pure things instead. In all of the good, the bad, and the ugly conversations I have been having with myself in the past 2 hours, I have decided that I need to just give thanks to God for all I have. So here it goes:

I am thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ (he paid the ultimate price and I will never be the same), my wonderful and hard-working husband (you do so much and sacrifice everything for our family without grumbling), my beautiful daughter (I have waited so long for you and you are worth every tear of impatience!), my best friend (where would I be without you), my sister (I love you more than you'll ever know), my mom (thank you for never giving up on me) , my family in general, my fabulous in-laws (you love me unconditionally), my wonderful friends new and old (you lift me up and bring me joy), my health (it could be worse), my freedom to worship (I am so blessed), and everything and everyone I have neglected to mention.

I am so blessed in so many ways and yet I get all caught up in the little inadequacies of my life. I need to be content and at peace with myself so that I can go humbly before the Lord and worship with a pure heart.

Lord, I have not forgotten you or all you have done for me. Things seem a bit crazy right now, but I know you are working in me for the better. I will just need to be more patient and search your will. My ears and heart are opened now. When you speak, I will listen. I will be obedient to whatever you have in store. I will praise you in all seasons of my life.

Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post from your heart. I will always be here to listen. Thank you for reminding us to be thankful during this season when God gave us the greatest gift!

H