Shutterfly Card

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Realization of something lacking in my blog title...

I have been recently getting annoyed with how everyone was using the word "spiritual" recently. They are using it to pertain to a plethora of new age ideologies. I just want to make it abundantly clear that when I speak of my own spiritual journey, I am meaning my own growth pertaining to my belief in Jesus Christ the Son of the one and only true God.

We are all sinners and the only way to be forgiven for our sins and go to heaven is to trust in Jesus as our Savior. There is no magic, no amount of good deeds, and no hope in mankind that will save you from your sins. You have to confess that Jesus died for your sins,ask forgiveness for those sins, and then turn from your sinful ways. This is the only way.

With all of the hype that Oprah is getting with her "Best Life" stuff, I felt the need to make it clear that this blog is not about becoming "spiritual" in a new age world view. This blog is about growing as a follower of Jesus Christ and learning more about the biblical standards we are held to as Christians.

I am reading and learning more and more everyday about what I need to change and apply to grow stronger in my faith. But in all of the learning, I have failed to explain to all those reading what type of spiritual journey I am on.

I take it for granted that Christians are the only ones reading this, but this is the Internet...I hope I have made this clearer and if anyone has questions, feel free to ask...I invite all of you to learn and grow with me.

1 comment: