Shutterfly Card

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Monday, November 3, 2008

11 Qualities of a Proberbs 31 Woman - Quality 1: Virtuous

When reading about being virtuous, I will be honest and say that I never really knew what virtuous meant. Thankfully Pat Ennis spelled it out in her book for me.

Virtuous~moral excellence, right actions, and thinking that is true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, possessing virtue, and praiseworthy.



"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."~Philippians 4:8-9

This means not just speaking things with a pure heart and motives, but thinking this way as well. It just dawned on me that the few time I succeed at holding my real thoughts in and speak truth instead, I am actually still thinking things that are not honorable or lovely in any way. I am being a hypocrite with my own morally reprehensible thoughts. WOW! That is a huge pill to swallow. I guess we all have to start somewhere. If God could change the heart of Saul I am sure He can work in me as well.

Not only are my thoughts and actions to be pure and lovely, but my husband will have shame brought on him if they aren't.

"An excellent wife is the crown of her husband,but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones." ~Proverbs 12:4

Am I a crown or worthy of shame? When my motives and thoughts lack virtue I am worthy of shame and not reflecting an image of God. I do not want to cause my husband to be disrespected due to my lack of virtue. The thought of being rottenness in his bones is enough to make me think twice before doing, saying, and speaking things that are impure.

This day brings a new challenge of being virtuous in action and thought. May God bless me with a pure heart as I work to glorify His name.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! Thank you for the reminder.

God's Child said...

Amen! If we would all just be obeidient and listen to God the world be in much better shape! Thanks for the posting!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!