Shutterfly Card

5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Friday, November 7, 2008

11 Qualities of a Proberbs 31 Woman - Quality 2: Trustworthy

"The quality of being trustworthy is demonstrated by behaviors that lead to confidence in the honesty, integrity, reliability, justice, and loyalty of an individual." ~Pat Ennis


The passage goes on to say that how you handle prosperity demonstrates your integrity. An abundance tends to reveal ones value system. This is quite true I believe. The more wealth you have the harder it is to keep your integrity. Just take a look at all of the CEOs at the top of their game, athletes, rock stars, and Hollywood elite. It seems that the more they have the more they fall away from their morality. (This is just an opinion. I am not saying that all rich people are bad).

I believe that trustworthiness begins when you trust God to provide for your needs. You open yourself to be vulnerable to Him, and then your response will be to help others in their vulnerabilities. You talk to God about all of your problems and secrets and you trust Him to get you through. He is faithful to you and gives you the strength to be that rock for others.

When you are trustworthy, you are able to retain confidences of others. People feel free to come to you for advice and know that you will not go speaking to everyone else about it.

Another thing that Pat Ennis say in her book is that if you are married your husband's response to your character is trust. If unmarried, trustworthiness is the evaluation of those closest to you.

This is something that I struggle with very greatly. It is a running joke in our family that if I have a secret I can only keep it for less than 24 hours. This pertains mostly to gifts or good things that will happen to a person (I want them to know so badly!). This also pertains to playing board games and cards games. I have been known to cheat at games in the past. I have learned to start things off honestly and tell people that I can never be banker, dealer, scorekeeper, etc. I am turning the corner with this area, however, many people have been able to trust me with their problems and I have shown to them that I am worthy of that trust. I am still working on the board games, but I am sure this will come along in time as well.

Do people trust you? Do they share their problems with you? If so, you are on the right path to being trustworthy. Please take those confidences very seriously.

"When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent." Proverbs 10:19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I trust you so much! You are doing great in this area. You have proven that you can be trust worthy! Although, I still think I will let your husband be the monopoly banker. I amazed how many blogs you have posted. God is giving you wonderful words to share.

Heather